Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Author spotlight Brenda Franklin

Posted by Paranormalangelblog at Wednesday, June 19, 2013
This week our Author  under the spot light is spotlight  Brenda Franklin



Bio:





My name is Brenda Franklin and I am a writer.

I was born and raised in Louisiana where I live with my loving family in the country, a couple of cats, and any other wildlife that wants to walk through the yard--excluding my husband, of course. I spend most of my time writing Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. When I'm not writing I can be found drawing, going for a nice walk to a nearby cemetery, playing a few games with my husband, reading any book I can get my hands on, and trying to fend off all the voices in my head telling me to get back to writing. It's hard sometimes to focus with so much going on in my head and if I ever need to truly relax I enjoy a nice hot bubble bath. :)

I am currently giving the final touches to Flat Line, the last in my paranormal romance trilogy, Pulse. Once done, I plan to jump right into my next series. The Middle-Lands. Pack your things for an adventure which will steal your heart and leave you breathless.

Books:


Pulse Trilogy:
Book 1: A Steady Pulse


Info:
There’s no rest for 23-year-old Elizabeth Parks as she soon learns a vampire has picked up on her unusual ability and plans to use her. Why couldn't she have picked a different week for a vacation, she wonders realizing she’s knee deep in a vampire family feud which will cost Elizabeth her life! If they can survive long enough!

Now, Virgil Hart must try to defeat his brother at his twisted games to keep Elizabeth safe, but it’s turning out to be a lot harder than he thought.

Book 2:
Barley Beating

Info:
Days after surviving Virgil's crazed brother, Elizabeth Parks is in the first phase of becoming a vampire herself, and Virgil couldn't be happier to have her apart of his life. But with William still on the loose and Elizabeth wanting to go home things couldn't be more stressful.

After a feeding goes wrong Virgil is captured, tortured, and left starving in a basement where his only choice for food is Elizabeth’s best friend. It’s only a matter of time before Virgil gives in as Elizabeth searches desperately for him with two new faces.

Can she get to him in time or will William finally seek his revenge?

Book 3:
Flat Line (Coming out in July)
Info:



After eight months from when Elizabeth Parks was first introduced into a world of vampires she thought things couldn't get more complicated. Her wedding to Virgil Hart is only a week away, her store is busier than ever, and to top it all off she can't seem to ignore a feeling as though she's being watched.

Keeping Virgil in the dark about her feelings may not have been the smartest of ideas a vampire mistakes her for someone else and kidnaps her right under their noses to a vampire who is as shocked to see her as she is to see him.

Again, Virgil finds himself racing the clock to get Elizabeth back, but this time will it be impossible to save her ? Will this be Virgil's last fight as he faces off with a house full of vampires? Or will he be able to reach her and once and for all settle things with his past?

Join Virgil and Elizabeth in the final book of the Pulse Trilogy, Flat Line.

Other works:

Guardian, A fated Pairing

Vampires are on the brink of disappearing. Their numbers in the low thousands hidden all over the world. After years of searching for the cure to turn humans into their kind, one vampire believes he has done it! But in creating the cure he has started a bloody and desperate hunt. A race among animals, vampires and wolves, to find the cure and either destroy it, or use it.

Alisa Chamberlin as three jobs: Keep her sister safe, find Mr. Holiday, and stay alive. With a strong vampire hot on their heels Alisa's life can't get more complicated until a werewolf named Peter Woodrow shows up in her neck of the neighborhood, but this isn't a chance meeting. Peter has been hired as a Guardian to protect her, the only problem is, she's a vampire. She's a creature his kind hopes to one day make extinct and to top it all off he's certain she's his mate, but that can't be. A vampire's blood is sickening to a werewolf and goes against everything their kind believes in.

As Peter tries to keep an unwilling Alisa safe he begins to unravel the web of secrets surrounding her and why she is being hunted, but is what she protects worth the life of the one man she is destined to be with? And can he get over the fact that she is everything he hates long enough to realize she's just what he needs? Or will the sacrifice be too great in the end for either of them?






What I’m working on now:



My newest project is the Middle-Lands Series.
The first book will be set on Earth, introducing two key characters, and setting the tone for the whole series. Essentially, for all those wondering, the Middle-Lands is a world outside of our own connected by hidden doors, and Earth isn’t the only planet that connects to the Middle-Lands, but I’ll leave it at that.

Book one of the Middle Lands blurb:

Nineteen year old Eve dropped out of high school in the tenth grade, received her GED a year later, has worked from one dead end job to the next since she was thirteen, and was kicked out of her step mother’s house yesterday.
She has no home, no family, no friend good enough to take her in, and barley enough money to get her anywhere, but she isn’t at a total loss.
She may not have any friends with the living, but she has plenty of friends with the dead and they aren’t about to let Eve be thrown away like trash. They give her the key to her freedom, the knowledge of a place she could go to escape her life and the world, known as the Middle-Lands.
Now, with her ghostly companion, a small backpack, and nothing to lose, she is on a journey that will change her life forever.
Join Alice as she passes from one world to the next in the first installment in the Middle-Lands Series.


All my links:

Blog:
In my World of Reading and Writing: http://beefranklin.blogspot.com/
Social Media connections:
Author Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorBrendaFranklin

Where to Buy my works:

Pulse Trilogy:
A Steady Pulse (Book One)
                        Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Steady-Pulse-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B0099U5U02/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1
                        Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/111454
Barely Beating (Book Two)
                        Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Barely-Beating-Pulse-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00AA2F9UE/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2
                        Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/158741

Other Works:
Guardian, a Fated Pairing
                        Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.com/Brenda-Franklin/e/B009TAXHI4
                        Smashwords Page: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/111454

Free Short ghost stories on Smashwords:
                        Drowning with Problems: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/248010
                        Lady with Blue Lips: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/248010




Questions from the public

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be? 
I couldn’t be anything other than a vampire. Even my Twitter account says, “Vampire in hiding.” I’m a vampire lover till the end.

Do you have any writing ritual? if so what?
My recent ritual has been to get up supper early with my husband, make some coffee or Tea to drink, kiss him goodbye, and then crawl back to the bedroom to write. In my latest work I have discovered that writing between 4 and 8 in the morning in silence has been the best stimulus.

Who inspired you to become a writer?
When I was younger, perhaps around the sixth grade range, my father had an old bookshelf in our living room. From top to bottom it was filled with combat related books, old westerns, a stack of magazines (I’m not sure he ever read them), several Dean Koontz (my sister’s favorites), a few Stephen King books, a book called, ‘My Brother John’, the Necromancer series by Brian Lumley, and a whole bunch of other things. But the one book I remember most was a book by Anne Rice (Howard Allen Frances O’Brien if you didn’t know). It was ‘Interview with a Vampire’. It was this book that introduced me into the world of vampires and I haven’t been the same since.

What is the strangest place your writing has taken you?
I wrote a short story which has yet to be posted where my main character was transferred to a forest of Gold by a man with blue glowing tattoos. It was inspired by The Golden Key, a great classic written by George Macdonald. That would be the strangest so far.
Now, if I had to pick out of the stories that are published, it would have to be to a cemetery in Guardian, A Fated Pairing, but even that isn’t as strange as the golden forest.

Do you prefer Traditional book or ebook?
I love traditional books. I feel of paper between your fingers, the smell of the pages at every turn, and the lovely look of the entire package as it sits up on my shelf. I am beginning to use ebook readers more, like the kindle app. For space saving and quick, easy access I can rely on it, but I still love traditional more.

Where do you get your writing inspiration from?
Everywhere. When I dream, when I’m brushing my teeth, when I’m soaking in a hot tub, and even when I’m working at my day job I just can’t stop thinking about writing. I will get brilliant moments while I’m at work and have to stop what I’m doing to jot down a not or two. I just get these heavy cravings to write at any moment that I can’t control.

What story/ character have you most enjoyed creating?
I created a character named Ava Lynn in my book, Guardian, A Fated Pairing and the character Garrison in the Pulse Trilogy. Those two would have to be my favorites. Ava is my favorite because she is a bit on the sadistic side and you can never be too sure what she might do and Garrison is my favorite because he looks and seems serious with a level of mysteriousness due to his job, but at heart he’s a very compassionate man.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Paranormal Angel Blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos