Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris

Posted by Paranormalangelblog at Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris is the first book in the Skokie Stackhouse series.
I have to admit I love the tv series and have been thinking about reading the book series for a while, but  I was told by a few people that if I loved the tv show that I shouldn't read the books because they are so different. Though I will agree the books are different form the tv show, I do regret not starting to read this series earlier.

It was great to  read the story behind the hit tv series. Normal I would read the book then watch but in this case I have done it back to front which made for a interesting change.  When it came to reading about each of the characters I found my self picturing  the cast from the tv show . Which wasn't bad thing becouse it seemed to make the story really come to life.

Sookie is one of those characters that from the moment you meet her you fall in love with her. She is strong and , independent. Though her life has not been a bed of rose she always seems to look at the bright side of life. 

If your a fan of the show or not this is definitely worth taking the time to read

Synopsis

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out.... Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Paranormal Angel Blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos