Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Author spotlight Zushka Biros

Posted by Paranormalangelblog at Wednesday, July 03, 2013



Biography


Living the dream.... one day at a time...

Zushka Biros, born in New England in the middle of the 1960’s, spent 20 years in the desert of Arizona. Finding inspiration in the red rocks of Sedona, Zushka’s journey into journaling began over thirty years ago. During a period of soul-searching, her life story began to unfold in her daily writings. A survivor, Zushka’s life story is one of personal accomplishment and motivation. Living with, and battling, a Bi-Polar husband with addictions, her own anorexia, the suicide of her father, and her own personal struggles, Zushka’s perseverance and relenting persistence drew her to an undying passion to write.

Her emotions, stories, memories, and spirituality unfold on the pages ofGod Knocked Me Off My Bike. For it was only in her time of great pain and trouble that she was able to let go and feel relief and success as a human being.

She has since remarried.

I have a book currently with an Editor which will be released as an Amazon eBook on Kindle this summer. (It does not have a title yet.)


  
      If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be? 

A mermaid. I was definitely a mermaid in another world, and truly believe that I am a Mermaid Goddess today. When the ebbs and flows of the ocean make their waves during a full moon, the hidden mermaid inside of me feels the call of the sea. Besides, I have the body curves that fit the bill.

    Do you have any writing ritual? if so what?

I have a writing ritual, several actually. My writing room is set up in such a way, that I can sit at my writing desk and view everything in the room. (In other words, my desk is not facing a wall.) It is in the middle of the room on a slight diagonal, so that I can view the backyard garden from the window, and still see my Vision Board on the other wall. My Vision Board is a gigantic bulletin board with pictures of things that inspire me pinned on it. That is part of my writing ritual – the way my writing room is set up and what is in it. Every day, before I sit down to write, I burn incense to cleanse the space. I put on soothing music, which for me could be anything from Feng Shui, to Belly Dance, to Smashing Pumpkins, to Enya. It all depends on what I’m writing. And coffee – lots of coffee! Once those elements are in place, then I can write.

    Who inspired you to become a writer?

I think I inspired myself.

    What is the strangest place your writing has taken you.

To the depths of the ocean and back.

     Do you prefer Traditional book or ebook?

Both. I love my library of actual books that I can hold and smell and feel. But I love the convenience of storing eBooks on my laptop’s Kindle app.

     Where do you get your writing inspiration from?

From a little bit of everywhere. I find great inspiration from the red rocks of Sedona, which is where I live. But before I lived here, I would visit Sedona several times a year, for 17 or so years. And every single time I would hike up a red rock, look out over the world, and journal. That’s where my inspiration has always come from. Bike rides too, and from listening to other peoples’ stories about their lives.

      What story/ character have you most enjoyed creating?

A young girl named Isabella, who will turn up in The Mermaid Stories. Young, adventurous, brave, and beautiful.

1 comments:

Art of Life on July 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM said...

Zushka has a way of inspiring me each day to move forward when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and stay in bed, and reminds me that things aren't always as bad as they seem. If she can do it - so can I. We also share a love of coffee and nature. Her posts are always uplifting and encouraging. Very good writer.

Post a Comment

 

Paranormal Angel Blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos